
打造正向工作環境
Do you often struggle to make friends or sometimes feel left out at your workplace?
在職場上是否很難交到朋友或是常常覺得自己格格不入?
struggle(v.)掙扎、努力have a hard time making friends
There are some ways to deal with the loneliness, and it’s worth changing things up a little in your work environment.
其實只要稍稍改變工作環境,這種孤獨感是可以排解的。
deal with處理、應對worth Ving值得做某事environment(n.)環境(周遭、自然)
Studies show that building a sense of belonging will boost one’s productivity and motivation.
研究顯示建立歸屬感會提升工作生產力及動力,
sense of belonging歸屬感boost(v.)增強productivity(n.)生產力motivation(n.)動力efficiency(n.)效率
However, up to 40% of workers feel isolated in the workplace.
然而,高達40%的上班族覺得自己在職場上被孤立,
isolated(adj.)被孤立的
So, what can you do to create a positive work environment?
那該怎麼做才能打造出正向的工作環境呢?
create(v.)創造、製造creative(adj.)有創意的creativity(n.)創意positive(adj.)正向的
You can start by greeting your colleagues.
可以先從和同事打招呼開始。
greet(v.)打招呼
Try to make small talk with them no matter where you run into them.
不論在哪裡碰到同事,都可以寒喧幾句。
no matter wh-不論… =wh-everwherever you run into themrun into碰見、偶遇bump into不期而遇
If you’re not sure what to say, a simple greeting will do.
如果你不知道要說什麼,簡單的問候對方就夠了,
greeting(n.)問候、招呼send one’s greetings問好
Sometimes, that is enough to create other deeper conversations or discussions about work.
有時候,這就足以帶動更有意義的對話或是對工作的討論。
discussion(n.)討論
That way, when you’re bonding with your coworkers, you’ll be building a community and making yourself more credible.
如此一來,當你跟同事打好關係時,你同時也是在打造社群,且讓自己更值得信賴。
bond with sb.和…拉近關係community(n.)社群、社區credible(adj.)可信的credit(n.)信用
The atmosphere of the workplace can affect the quality of your work and your life.
工作環境氣氛影響了工作和生活的品質,
atmosphere(n.)氣氛、大氣層affect(v.)影響effect(n.)效果quality(n.)品質
Building a sense of belonging can not only make you feel at ease, but also improve your work performance and credit.
建立歸屬感不只會讓你覺得更自在,還能夠增進工作表現和信賴度。
not only…but also…at ease自在、放鬆的=relaxedperformance(n.)表現