
夢幻旅程變驚嚇經驗
Lisa is talking to her friend Howard.
莉莎正在跟她的朋友霍爾聊天。
Lisa: Hey Howard, did you see the news from Japan? A Spanish tourist was attacked by a bear in Shirakawa-go!
莉莎:嘿,霍爾,你有看到日本的新聞嗎?有一位西班牙遊客在合掌村被熊攻擊了!
tourist(n.)觀光客、遊客tourist spot/site旅遊景點tourist guide導遊attack(v.)攻擊
Howard: What? That’s a famous World Heritage village!
霍爾:什麼?那可是有名的世界遺產村耶!
heritage(n.)遺產/heritage site遺址、古蹟village(n.)村莊/villager(n.)村民
Lisa: I know! The bear jumped out from the bushes and hurt his arm.
莉莎:我知道!那隻熊從草叢裡衝出來,把他的手臂抓傷了。
bush(n.)灌木叢、矮樹叢beat around the bush拐彎抹角arm(n.)手臂
Howard: That’s scary. Were there warning signs?
霍爾:好可怕喔。那裡有警告標誌嗎?
warning sign警告標誌、警示牌
Lisa: Yes, some roads were closed with “Beware of Bears” signs.
莉莎:有啊,有些路上封起來,貼著「小心熊出沒」的標誌。
beware of~小心~、當心~be aware of意識到、察覺到
Howard: I wanted to visit Shirakawa-go this winter, but now I’m not sure.
霍爾:我本來想冬天去合掌村玩,現在不太確定了。
be sure of…對某事有把握Sure thing!當然可以、沒問題
Lisa: Don’t worry. If you follow the rules and stay in the main area, it’s safe.
莉莎:別擔心啦,只要遵守規定、待在主要區域就安全。
unfollow/break the rules違反規定traffic rules交通規則main(adj.)主要的
Howard: That’s true. I just hope the tourist gets better soon.
霍爾:沒錯。我只希望那位遊客快點康復。
recover(v.)康復
Lisa: Me too. Travel should be fun, not scary!
莉莎:我也是。旅行應該是開心的,不該是嚇人的!
scary(adj.)令人害怕的afraid(adj.)感到害怕的=scared
Howard: Right. Next time, I’ll check for “bear news” before I travel!
霍爾:對,下次出發前我要先查有沒有「熊出沒新聞」!
check for檢查~是否存在、有沒有~