
天熱的選擇
Jason and Claire are roommates. They are chatting.
傑森和克萊爾是室友。他們在聊天。
Jason: Summer is here.
傑森:夏天到了。
summer(n.)夏天、spring春天、autumn or fall秋天、winter冬天
Claire: It’s getting hot.
克萊爾:天氣越來越熱了。
Jason: I was planning to visit the Philippines in August.
傑森:我原本計劃八月要去菲律賓玩。
plan to do sth.計畫去visit(v.)參觀、拜訪the Philippines菲律賓in+月份
Claire: That is not going to happen. Why the Philippines?
克萊爾:現在不太可能成行了。為什麼是菲律賓?
happen(v.)發生
Jason: I’m a real beach bum. I can spend the whole day on the beach.
傑森:我骨子裡可是真正的海灘客啊。我可以在海灘上度過一整天。
beach bum海灘客、bum(n.)流浪漢、屁股、bum sb. out讓人失望spend(v.)花時間
Claire: Not me.
克萊爾:我無法。
Jason: You don’t like beaches? What do you like, then?
傑森:你不喜歡海灘?那你喜歡什麼?
Claire: I like hiking. I am a happy bunny when I’m in the mountains.
克萊爾:我喜歡健行啊。當我在山上時,我是世界上最快樂的人。
hike(v.)健行happy bunny快樂的人
Jason: We are very different, then.
傑森:我們真的非常不一樣呢。
different(adj.)不一樣的、same(adj.)一樣的
Claire: Yeah, we are.
克萊爾:沒錯。