
挖到寶!
Leo is walking around a Sunday flea market in London. He notices an old antique candle holder at one of the stalls.
里歐正在逛倫敦星期天的跳蚤市場。他在一個攤位看到一個古董燭台。
stall(n.)攤位、攤販stallholder(n.)攤主=vendorset up a stall擺攤
Seller: Morning! Feel free to have a look. That piece is quite old, from the ’60s.
攤主:早安!隨便看看沒關係喔。那件滿老的,來自60年代。
feel free to…請隨意~
Leo: Oh, really? How much is it?
里歐:喔,真的嗎?多少錢?
Seller: It’s 15 pounds.
攤主:15鎊。
pound(n.)英鎊
Leo: Hmm… I like it, but it’s a bit over my budget.
里歐:嗯⋯⋯我喜歡,但有點超過我的預算。
over budget超出預算on a budget預算有限tight budget預算很緊
Seller: It’s in good condition.
攤主:這件狀態很好。
in good condition狀況很好、健康良好in poor condition狀態差out of condition不健康、體能差
Leo: I see. Would you sell for 10 pounds?
里歐:了解。那您願意10鎊賣嗎?
sell(v.)賣sell cheap賣便宜sell fast很快就賣掉
Seller: 10 pounds is a bit low, I’m afraid. How about 13?
攤主:10鎊有點低喔。13鎊如何?
Leo: I’m travelling with a small backpack, so I need to keep things light.
里歐:我只帶小背包旅行,所以不能買太多東西。
light(adj.)輕的
Seller: Fair enough. Alright… let’s say 12 pounds?
攤主:說得有道理。那好吧⋯⋯12鎊如何?
Leo: 12 pounds sounds better. I’ll take it.
里歐:12鎊聽起來好多了。我買了。
Seller: Brilliant. I’ll wrap it for you.
攤主:太好了,我幫你包起來。
wrap(v.)包裝、包起來wrap sth. in…用~包住~
Leo: Thanks!
里歐:謝謝!
Seller: Ta! Have a lovely day.
攤主:謝啦!祝你有美好的一天。