
保存精力
Andy: I can’t believe it’s Monday again.
安迪:真不敢相信又到星期一了。
Carla: Yeah, it feels like the weekend just zoomed by.
卡拉:對啊,感覺週末一眨眼就過去了。
zoom by(時間)飛逝
Andy: Have you ever heard of the idea of “Bare Minimum Monday”?
安迪:你有聽過「最低限度星期一」的概念嗎?
Carla: No, what’s that?
卡拉:沒有,那是什麼?
Andy: It’s like taking it easy at the start of the week and doing the least amount of work possible.
安迪:就是在一個禮拜開始的時候輕鬆一點,盡量少做工作。
least(det.)最少、最小
Carla: That sounds interesting.
卡拉:聽起來滿有意思的。
Andy: Yeah, but it’s more about saving up your energy for the rest of the week, making things easier.
安迪:是的,但其實是為了接下來的一週保存精力,讓工作變得更順。
save up儲存、儲蓄energy(n.)能量、體力、經歷be full of energy充滿活力=energetic
Carla: Hmm, sounds cool. Do you think it really works?
卡拉:嗯,聽起來不錯。你覺得這樣有效嗎?
work(v.)使有效
Andy: Some work experts seem to think so. It’s not about being lazy but about being smart with your energy.
安迪:有些職場專家似乎是這麼認為的。不是懶惰,而是聰明地運用你的精力。
seem(v.)似乎、看起來lazy(adj.)懶惰的、懶散的=slothful
Carla: I might give it a shot next Monday. It could be a good way to start a new week.
卡拉:下星期一我可能會試試。這可能是開始新的一週的好方法。
give sth. a shot 試試看=give sth. a try