
20年後重聚首
Hank and Gina are colleagues. They are chatting.
漢克和吉娜是同事。他們在聊天。
Hank: Do you always keep the same phone number?
漢克:你的電話號碼還是跟以前一樣嗎?
keep(v.)保留
Gina: I see where you are going. You are talking about Barbie Hsu’s second marriage, right?
吉娜:我知道你要說什麼。大S再婚的消息對吧?
marriage(n.)婚姻
Hank: It’s incredible. A phone call can bring people back together after 20 years.
漢克:真的太不可思議了。一通電話就可以讓兩個人在20年後重新聚首。
incredible(adj.)驚人的
Gina: That’s why we always celebrate love, but the news did take everyone by surprise.
吉娜:這就是為什麼我們總是歌頌愛情啊,但這消息確實讓大家都很驚訝。
celebrate(v.)慶祝、celebrationtake one by surprise讓某人大吃一驚
Hank: I still don’t know who this Korean star is.
漢克:我還是不知道那位韓國明星是誰呢。
Gina: He used to be in a duo called Clon. He and Hsu actually dated for a while.
吉娜:他以前是雙人團體「酷龍」的成員。當時他和大S交往了一段時間。
duo(n.)拍檔、雙人組合date(v.)約會
Hank: How come it didn’t work out back then?
漢克:為什麼當時戀情沒有修成正果呢?
Gina: Well, because Koo was a superstar. He wanted to keep their relationship a secret.
吉娜:嗯,因為當時他是超級巨星啊,具俊曄不想要公開戀情。
keep sth. a secret保密relationship(n.)關係、感情關係
Hank: I guess that broke Hsu’s heart.
漢克:我猜這傷透了大S的心吧。
break your heart傷心
Gina: Well, not anymore. Look how happy he was when he got off the plane in Taiwan.
吉娜:嗯嗯,但現在不會啦。看他下飛機到台灣時有多開心。