
把握時間發光發熱
Izzy and Cody are dancing partners. They are chatting before their class.
伊茲和寇迪是舞伴。他們趁上課前在聊天。
partner(n.)搭檔before在…之前
Izzy: This just came in. Serena Liu, the famous ballroom dancer, just passed away!
伊茲:我剛剛看到的,國標舞女王劉真過世了!
come in收到訊息、新聞
Cody: Oh god! I thought she just had an operation.
寇迪:天啊,我以為她動了手術。
operation(n.)手術
Izzy: The news says that she failed to recover after the operation on her heart. She passed away last Sunday.
伊茲:報導說手術沒能讓心臟功能恢復。她在上周日過世。
fail to失敗recover(v.)復原、恢復
Cody: That’s so sad. We’ll never be able to see her dance again.
寇迪:真令人傷心。以後就再也看不到她跳舞了。
be able to RV能夠
Izzy: I want to be a professional dancer like her one day.
伊茲:有朝一日我想要成為跟她一樣的專業舞者。
professional(adj.)專業的
Cody: You will. You should pursue your dream like she did.
寇迪:妳可以的,要像她一樣追尋自己的夢想。
pursue dream追尋夢想、pursue(v.)追求
Izzy: There’s a long way to go, but I’ll try.
伊茲:還有很長一段路要走,但我會努力。
long way to go很長一段路要走
Cody: You can do it, without question!
寇迪:你一定能做到的!
without question沒有問題
Izzy: You think so?
伊茲:真的嗎?
Cody: Yes! Life is short; we should all seize the moment and shine while we can, like Serena.
寇迪:沒錯,生命短暫,但要把握時間發光發熱,就像劉真一樣。
seize the moment把握當下shine(v.)發光