
告別瞎忙人生
It is Tuesday morning. Students are walking across campus. Emma sees Louis sitting on a bench, yawning.
現在是星期二早上。學生們正走過校園。艾瑪看到路易斯坐在長椅上打哈欠。
Emma: Louis, you look half-asleep. Did you stay up late again?
艾瑪:路易斯,你看起來快睡著了。你昨晚又熬夜了嗎?
half-asleep(adj.)昏昏欲睡的stay up熬夜
Louis: Yeah… after basketball practice, I had a club meeting, then I remembered my essay at midnight.
路易斯:對啊⋯⋯練習完籃球後,我還有社團會議,結果半夜才想起我的作文。
essay(n.)論文、作文article(n.)文章、報導
Emma: That’s why you need to manage your time in a better way.
艾瑪:這就是你需要更有效管理時間的原因。
manage(v.)管理、經營
Louis: Easy for you to say. You always look so organized.
路易斯:你說得輕鬆。你總是看起來很有條理。
easy for you to say你說得輕鬆organized(adj.)有條理的
Emma: I use a planner. I write down my classes, study, and even my club activities.
艾瑪:我會用行事曆。把上課、讀書,甚至社團活動都寫下來。
planner(n.)行事曆write down寫下
Louis: Club activities too? I never write those down.
路易斯:連社團活動也寫?我從來沒寫過。
Emma: That’s why you’re always rushing. You forget how much time they take.
艾瑪:這就是你總是趕來趕去的原因。你忘了社團活動有多花時間。
rush(v.)匆忙、趕時間rush to place急忙去某地/rush through匆忙完成sth. takes sb. time某事花某人~時間
Louis: Okay, guilty… but the activities are fun.
路易斯:好吧,我承認⋯⋯但社團活動真的很好玩。
Emma: If you plan your classes, study, and club activities well, you’ll still have free time.
艾瑪:如果你把課程、讀書和社團都安排好,你還是會有空閒時間。
arrange(v.)安排
Louis: Hmm… maybe I should try your way. Can you help me make a plan tonight?
路易斯:嗯⋯⋯也許我應該試試你的方法。今晚你能幫我做個計畫嗎?
set up a plan擬定計畫