
手忙腳亂的一天
Stephen feels very nervous because school starts tomorrow. He is talking to his older sister Dora.
史蒂芬因為明天開學而非常緊張。他正在跟姊姊朵拉說話。
Stephen: Hey Dora, I’m freaking out. School starts tomorrow!
史蒂芬:嘿朵拉,我快崩潰了。明天就要開學了!
freak out慌張、崩潰
Dora: Chill out. It’s just the first day.
朵拉:放輕鬆啦。這只是第一天而已。
chill out放輕鬆、冷靜下來
Stephen: My schedule is crazy. I have math first!
史蒂芬:我的課表好瘋狂喔,第一堂就是數學!
schedule(n.)課表、行程full schedule滿滿的行程daily schedule每日行程
Dora: That’s okay. I have science early too.
朵拉:沒關係啦,我第一堂也是科學課。
science(n.)科學
Stephen: And the homework... it will never end!
史蒂芬:還有作業⋯⋯永遠做不完!
end(v.)結束finish(v.)完成、做完
Dora: At least you have a cool school backpack.
朵拉:至少你有個超酷的新書包。
at least至少、起碼
Stephen: Thanks, but I’m scared of the cafeteria food.
史蒂芬:謝啦,可是我怕學生餐廳的食物。
be scared of害怕scary(adj.)可怕的、嚇人的
Dora: You mean the pizza tasting like rubber?
朵拉:你是說那個吃起來像橡膠的披薩嗎?
Stephen: Yes! Last year I almost didn’t eat anything.
史蒂芬:對!去年我幾乎什麼都沒吃。
almost(adv.)幾乎、差點
Dora: Sit with me. We can laugh at the food together.
朵拉:跟我坐一起吧,我們可以一起嘲笑那些食物。
laugh at嘲笑
Stephen: Good idea. If I freak out, remind me to chill out.
史蒂芬:好主意。如果我崩潰了,提醒我要放輕鬆。
remind(v.)提醒
Dora: Sure. And if we get through the day, we’re getting milkshakes!
朵拉:當然。如果我們撐過這一天,就去喝奶昔!
get through撐過、完成milkshake(n.)奶昔