
奶粉和尿布當薪資
Harry and Lucy are friends. They are talking about their teacher.
哈利和露西是朋友。他們正在談論他們的老師。
Harry: I visited Ms. Brown yesterday, and she said she wanted to live in a nursing home.
哈利:我昨天去拜訪布朗老師,她說她想住在養老院裡。
nursing(n.)看護工作、護理工作nursing home養老院、療養院
Lucy: Why? Does she live alone now?
露西:為什麼?她現在自己一個人住嗎?
alone(adv.)獨自地、單獨地
Harry: Yes. Her children and grandchildren do not live with her. I think she is a bit lonely.
哈利:對啊。她的孩子和孫子女沒有和她一起住。我想她有點孤單。
grandchildren(n.)孫子女lonely(adj.)孤獨的、寂寞的
Lucy: I heard that a nursing home in Japan recruits babies as their workers.
露西:我聽說日本的一間養老院招募寶寶當員工耶。
recruit(v.)招募
Harry: Baby workers? What do they do there?
哈利:寶寶員工?他們在那裡做什麼?
Lucy: They’re all under four years old. They keep the elderly company and interact with them. The residents strike up conversations with the babies, and they feel happy and energetic because of those young workers.
露西:他們都不到四歲。他們陪伴老年人並和他們互動。住在那裡的人和寶寶們交談,並因為那些年幼員工們感到快樂又充滿活力。
elderly(adj.)年老的company(n.)公司、陪伴keep sb. company陪伴某人、與某人作伴interact(v.)互動、交流resident(n.)居民strike up sth.建立(關係)、開始(交談)conversation(n.)對話、交談energetic(adj.)精力充沛的、充滿活力的
Harry: Do they get any rewards?
哈利:他們有任何報酬嗎?
reward(n.)(v.)報酬、報答
Lucy: Yes. Baby formula and diapers. The study shows that socializing across generations helps draw old people out and makes them smile.
露西:有的。嬰兒奶粉和尿布。研究顯示跨世代社交引導老人多多說話,並讓他們微笑。
baby formula嬰兒奶粉diaper(n.)尿布socialize(v.)社交、交際generation(n.)世代、一代、一輩draw sb. out引導某人說出
Harry: It sounds like a cheerful environment. It’s a pity that we don’t have that kind of place.
哈利:聽起來是個快樂的環境。真可惜我們沒有那種地方。
cheerful(adj.)快樂的、興高采烈的environment(n.)環境pity(n.)遺憾、可惜
Lucy: I think so, too.
露西:我也這麼覺得。