
降低出錯率
Ellie has started her own business. She goes to a bank to inquire whether she can save the hassle of issuing paychecks to her employees.
艾莉開了一家公司。她到銀行詢問簡化撥薪流程的服務。
save the hassle 省去麻煩issue(v.)發行、頒發
Ellie: Hi. I’d like to ask whether you have any service that handles employee payroll.
艾莉:嗨。我想詢問這家銀行有沒有辦理撥薪的服務?
handle(v.)處理
Teller: I suppose you’re looking for automated payroll processing.
行員:我想您問的是自動撥薪服務吧。
Ellie: What is that?
艾莉:那是什麼?
Teller: It’s a service that processes payroll through an automated system instead of managing the payment manually.
行員:這是透過自動化系統核撥薪資,以此取代手動管理薪資的服務。
manually(adv.)手動地、人工地automatically(adv.)自動地
Ellie: That’s exactly what I’m looking for.
艾莉:那正是我想問的。
Teller: The service doesn’t just save you tons of time and effort by computing wages, but also helps you with calculations such as overtime pay, reimbursement, deduction for taxes and benefits.
行員:這項服務透過系統核算薪資,不僅省時省事,而且可以幫您計算加班費、核銷、扣稅與扣繳福利金等。
compute(v.)(用電腦)計算calculation(n.)計算、算式deduction(n.)扣除
Ellie: I see. Crunching the numbers in a spreadsheet is too much of a headache.
艾莉:了解。用試算表計算這些數目真的很令人頭痛。
crunch the numbers 處理複雜的算式
Teller: With the automated service, errors can be reduced, which makes the payment procedure more accurate and effective.
行員:這個自動化服務可降低出錯率,使得撥薪變得精準又能達到預期效果。
error(n.)錯誤accurate(adj.)精確的、準確的effective(adj.)能産生預期結果的、有效的