
美食、表演、秋季指標旅遊盛會!
Terry and Miranda are a couple. They are having dinner and chatting.
泰瑞跟米蘭達是夫妻,他們正在吃晚餐邊聊天。
Miranda: One of my co-workers just came back from a vacation in Europe.
米蘭達:我一個同事剛從歐洲度假回來。
come-came-come來
Terry: Oh yeah? A couple of my co-workers just went to Japan for a short break.
泰瑞:是哦?我有幾個同事剛去日本休假幾天。
go-went-gone去break(n.)假期;休息;中止
Miranda: That’s nice. But how come we are always at home?
米蘭達:真好。不過怎麼我們總待在家啊?
how come怎麼
Terry: Because neither of us is good at planning for trips. Also, we don’t have extra money in our budget for a vacation. We have to pay the monthly mortgage.
泰瑞:因為我們都不擅長規劃旅遊,而且,我們的預算裡沒有多餘的錢去度假,我們每個月都必須付房貸啊。
neither兩者都不be good at sth.擅長某事extra(adj.)額外的budget(n.)預算monthly(adj.)每月的;(adv.)按月地;(n.)月刊mortgage(n.)房貸
Miranda: That’s true. But we should still have a getaway once in a while.
米蘭達:那是真的。但我們還是應該偶爾出去玩一下啊。
getaway(n.)短的假期once in a while偶爾;有時
Terry: Well, I agree. Hey, I just remembered that the Taiwan International Tourism Exposition is going to take place from August 25th to 28th at Exhibition Hall 1 of the Taipei World Trade Center.
泰瑞:嗯,我同意。嘿,我剛想到,台灣國際旅遊展將在8月25到28日在世貿一館舉行耶。
agree(v.)同意take place=to happen舉行;發生exhibition(n.)展覽(會);表現hall(n.)大廳;走廊
Miranda: Cool! We should go!
米蘭達:酷!我們應該去啊!
Terry: Yeah. There will be various discounts available.
泰瑞:是啊,現場一定會有很多優惠。
various(adj.)各種不同的discount(n.)打折;減價available(adj.)可獲得的;可用的;有空的
Miranda: Oh, how much is the entrance fee?
米蘭達:哦,門票多少錢啊?
entrance(n.)入口;大門
Terry: If we buy tickets from the exhibition’s website today, it’ll only be NTD100.
泰瑞:若我們今天在旅展的網站買,門票只要台幣100元。
exhibition(n.)展覽(會)
Miranda: That’s great! Let me buy them online right away.
米蘭達:太棒了!讓我現在立刻上網買票。
online(adv.)線上地;從網上;(adj.)在線的;網上的