
無法準時付房租
Billy and Lily are roommates. Billy was at a convenience store.
比利和莉莉是室友。比利剛剛在便利商店。
Billy: I got bad news.
比利:我有壞消息。
Lily: What is it? Did you transfer the rent money to the landlord?
莉莉:什麼?你把房租轉給房東了嗎?
transfer(v.)轉學、轉讓、轉電話、轉帳=wirerent(n.)租金landlord(n.)房東、tenant(n.)租客
Billy: No, I couldn’t. There was something wrong with the ATM.
比利:我無法。ATM出了問題。
Lily: Did it crash?
莉莉:當機了嗎?
Billy: Yes, all of a sudden. The clerk couldn’t get his head around why it crashed.
比利:突然之間就這樣了。店員也想不通為什麼會當機。
all of a sudden=suddenly突然間clerk(n.)店員get his head around sth.搞不清楚
Lily: Well, could you withdraw the money?
莉莉:嗯,那你能領錢出來嗎?
withdraw(v.)撤銷、提款
Billy: I couldn’t. You should send a text to the landlord. We couldn’t pay the rent on time.
比利:也不能。你應該發簡訊跟房東說我們無法準時付房租囉。
on time準時地
Lily: Alright. I don’t think he will mind, though.
莉莉:好。不過我想他不會介意啦。
mind(v.)介意
Billy: Let’s hope so. We can pay the rent first thing in the morning tomorrow.
比利:希望如此。我們明天早上第一件事就去付房租。