
沒有在訂位名單
Jenny booked a table at a famous cafe to have tea with her friends. She is talking to the waiter.
珍妮訂了一間很有名的咖啡廳要跟好姊妹喝午茶。她正在跟服務生說話。
book(v.)預訂table(n.)桌子famous(adj.)有名的have tea喝茶waiter(n.)服務生
Jenny: Hello! I booked a table for four.
珍妮:你好,我訂了四個人的位置。
for four四人
Waiter: Your name, please?
服務生:您的大名是?
Jenny: Wong, W-O-N-G.
珍妮:汪,水王汪。
Waiter: Sorry, Madam. I’m afraid your name is not on the list.
服務生:不好意思,小姐你的名字沒有在訂位名單上喔。
I′m afraid…恐怕list(n.)名單
Jenny: How come? Could you check it again?
珍妮:怎麼會!你可以再確認一次嗎?
how come怎麼會could可以、委婉again再一次
Waiter: Yes, allow me to check again.
服務生:好的,讓我再看看。
allow sb. to do sth.讓某人做某事
Jenny: This must be a mistake. I called yesterday.
珍妮:一定是哪裡出錯了,我昨天才打電話。
must(mod.)一定mistake(n.)錯誤yesterday(n.)昨天
Waiter: Or did you call another cafe? There’s one two blocks away. We share a rather similar name.
服務生:會不會是打去另一間咖啡廳了呢?兩個街區外有一家咖啡店,店名跟我們店的名字很像。
another另一個block(n.)街區、two blocks away兩個街區外share(v.)共享rather(adv.)相當similar(adj.)=alike相似的
Jenny: Oh! I’m sorry. My bad.
珍妮:噢,抱歉,我搞錯了。
My bad我的不是、我的錯
Waiter: Not at all.
服務生:不會,別介意。
not at all沒關係