
宜蘭特有?
Mia is visiting her friend Eric, who lives in Yilan. They are at a local Carrefour store.
蜜亞正在拜訪住在宜蘭的朋友艾瑞克。他們正在當地的家樂福賣場。
local(adj.)當地的
Mia: Whoa, is this a “Chat Checkout”?
蜜亞:哇,這是「聊天結帳」嗎?
Eric: Yeah! It’s special in Yilan. You can talk to the cashier while paying.
艾瑞克:對啊!這是宜蘭特有的。你可以邊結帳邊聊天。
cashier(n.)收銀員pay(v.)付款pay for …為~付款
Mia: No way! I thought it was a joke.
蜜亞:真的假的!我還以為那是開玩笑。
joke(n.)笑話make a joke of sth.把某件事當作笑話
Eric: Nope, it’s real. It started in the Netherlands in 2019. They wanted to help older people who don’t have many people to talk to.
艾瑞克:不是,那是真的啦!這是在2019年從荷蘭開始的。他們想幫助那些平常沒什麼人可以聊天的長輩。
Mia: Oh, that’s really nice. So, it’s not just because Yilan people love to talk?
蜜亞:哇,這真的很棒!所以不只是因為宜蘭人愛聊天?
Eric: Well, maybe a little! But it’s also for people who want a warm and friendly place.
艾瑞克:可能有一點啦!但也是為了讓人們有一個溫暖、有人情味的地方。
friendly(adj.)友善的
Mia: That’s a great idea. Do people really chat here?
蜜亞:這是個好主意。大家真的會在這裡聊天嗎?
Eric: Not always. If you look busy, the cashier will be fast. But if you look relaxed, they will take their time and chat with you.
艾瑞克:不一定啦。如果你看起來很忙,收銀員就會快點結帳。但如果你很放鬆,他們就會慢慢來,跟你聊聊。
If S.現在式V., S. will VR…表達可能發生的情況relaxed(adj.)放鬆的take one’s time不急於、慢慢來
Mia: I’ve never seen this in Taipei. Maybe I’ll try it!
蜜亞:台北沒有這種服務耶。我應該試試看!
have V-p.p.現在完成式
Eric: You should! Just don’t forget your groceries while talking!
艾瑞克:一定要試試!但別光顧著聊天,忘了拿東西喔!
grocery(n.)食品雜貨、日用品