
牛排大到餵軍隊
Ryan and his daughter, Emma, are at a farmer’s market.
萊恩和他女兒艾瑪在農夫市集。
at a farmer’s market在農夫市集
Emma: What are we going to buy today, Dad?
艾瑪:爸爸,我們今天要買什麼?
Ryan: There is no rice at home. Let’s buy a bag of rice. I also need a head of lettuce and some carrots to make a salad.
萊恩:家裡沒米了,我們買一袋米吧,我還需要一顆萵苣和紅蘿蔔來做沙拉。
rice(n.)米(不可數名詞)a head of lettuce一顆萵苣
Emma: Carrots are so yucky!
艾瑪:紅蘿蔔好噁心!
yucky(adj.)噁心的、討人厭的(口語)
Ryan: Nonsense. Carrots are very good for your eyes.
萊恩:胡說八道!紅蘿蔔對你的眼睛很好。
nonsense(n.)胡說
Emma: All right. How many carrots do you want?
艾瑪:好啦。你要多少紅蘿蔔?
how many+可數名詞=多少
Ryan: Two. Look! The onions and potatoes look fresh. Why don’t we buy some?
萊恩:兩根。你看,洋蔥和馬鈴薯看起來很新鮮,我們買一些吧!
fresh(adj.)新鮮的
Emma: Dad, can we have beef steak with baked potatoes tonight?
艾瑪:爸爸,晚上我們可以吃牛排配烤馬鈴薯嗎?
baked(adj.)烘烤的
Ryan: Sure! There happens to be a huge piece of beef steak in the refrigerator. It’s big enough to feed an army.
萊恩:當然好囉,冰箱裡剛好有一塊超大的牛排,大到可以餵飽一支軍隊了。
happen to碰巧、剛好a piece of beef steak一片牛排refrigerator(n.)冰箱feed (v.)餵
Emma: The homemade ice cream over there looks yummy. Can I buy some before we go home?
艾瑪:那邊有自製的冰淇淋,看起來很好吃耶。我們回家前可以買一些嗎?
homemade(adj.)自製的yummy(adj.)好吃的(口語)
Ryan: OK. How much ice cream do you want?
萊恩:好啊,你想要多少冰淇淋?
how much+不可數名詞=多少
Emma: Ten buckets of ice cream!
艾瑪:我要十桶冰淇淋!
bucket(n.)有把手的桶子one scoop of ice cream一球冰淇淋