
早日康復!
Melinda does not feel well today. She is calling her boss, Victor, to ask for sick leave.
梅琳達今天覺得不太舒服。她打電話給她的老闆維克多請病假。
well(adj.)(adv.)健康的、很好地、非常地、充分地ask for請求;要求
Melinda: Hi, Victor! It’s Melinda. How are you?
梅琳達:嗨,維克多!我是梅琳達。你好嗎?
Victor: Hey, Melinda! I’m good, thank you. What can I do for you?
維克多:嘿,梅琳達!我很好,謝謝。有什麼需要我幫忙的嗎?
Melinda: Well, I’m not feeling well today. I think I need to take sick leave.
梅琳達:嗯,我今天身體不舒服。我想我需要請一天病假。
need(v.)需要take sick leave請病假
Victor: What’s wrong? Are you okay?
維克多:怎麼了?你還好嗎?
Melinda: I have this terrible headache. I don’t think I can go to work today.
梅琳達:我頭痛得很厲害。我覺得今天沒辦法上班。
terrible(adj.)糟糕的headache(n.)頭痛stomachache(n.)胃痛think(v.)思考、認為
Victor: I understand. Will you be able to come to work tomorrow?
維克多:了解。明天你能來上班嗎?
be able to do sth.能夠做某事
Melinda: I hope so. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow morning and let you know if I need more time off.
梅琳達:我希望可以。我明天早上再看看情況,如果需要再請假,我會告訴你。
time off請假
Victor: No problem. Take care of yourself and rest well.
維克多:沒問題。好好照顧自己,好好休息。
take care of照顧、處理
Melinda: Thank you, Victor. I’ll do that. Goodbye for now.
梅琳達:謝謝你,維克多。我會的。那先這樣囉。
Victor: Goodbye, Melinda. Get well soon!
維克多:再見,梅琳達。希望你早日康復!
Get well soon!早日康復