
年輕男子問路
Stacy was walking on the street. A young man came to her and asked for directions.
史黛西走在街上,一個年輕男子向她問路。
Man: Excuse me. Can you tell me how to get to Carrefour from here?
男子:不好意思,你可以告訴我怎麼從這裡去家樂福嗎?
how to get to somewhere如何去某處
Stacy: I’m sorry. I’m not from here. But I do know a local supermarket near here.
史黛西:抱歉,我不是這裡的人,但我知道附近有一家當地的超市。
local(adj.)當地的
Man: How far is it?
男子:有多遠呢?
far(adj.)遙遠的how far問遠近
Stacy: It’s about 10 minutes on foot.
史黛西:走路大約10分鐘。
on foot走路、步行
Man: Would you please tell me where it is?
男子:可以請你告訴我在哪裡嗎?
Stacy: It’s that way. Go straight ahead. Make a left turn when you see the post office. Stay on that road. The supermarket will be on your right and next to a small park.
史黛西:是那個方向,往前走,看到郵局後左轉,繼續走,超市會在你的右手邊,旁邊是個小公園。
straight(adv.)一直地ahead(adv.)向前make a left turn=turn left左轉on your right在右邊
Man: I guess I can find it.
男子:我想我可以找到的。
find(v.)尋找
Stacy: If you pass the gas station, you have gone too far.
史黛西:如果你經過加油站,那你就走太遠了。
pass(v.)經過gas station加油站
Man: I’ll keep that in mind. I can’t thank you enough.
男子:我會記得的,非常謝謝你。
keep something in mind牢記某事can’t thank someone enough感激不盡
Stacy: It’s nothing.
史黛西:沒什麼。
It’s nothing.=You are welcome.=Don’t mention it.別客氣