
怎樣到達最近的捷運站?
Billy is travelling alone in Taiwan.
比利正獨自在台灣旅行。
travel(v.)旅行alone(adv.)獨自地,單獨地
Billy: Excuse me. May I ask you how to get to the nearest MRT station?
比利:打擾一下,我可以請問如何到達最近的捷運站嗎?
excuse me打擾get(v.)到達near(adj.)附近的,近的MRT = Mass Rapid Transit大眾捷運系統station(n.)車站
Kelly: Hmm… Let me see. The nearest MRT station should be Taipei City Hall Station.
凱莉:嗯……我想一下,最近的捷運站應該是市政府站。
let(v.)讓should(aux.)應該
Billy: Do you know how to get there?
比利:妳知道要如何去嗎?
know(v.)知道there(adv.)那裡
Kelly: You need to turn right at the first corner and then turn right again at the bank.
凱莉:你需要在轉角先右轉,然後在銀行再右轉一次。
need(v.)需要turn(v.)轉彎right(adv.)右邊地first(adj.)第一的corner(n.)角落then(adv.)接著again(adv.)又,再一次bank(n.)銀行
Billy: Okay, turn right two times. Is that all?
比利:好,右轉兩次,那是全部了嗎?
time(n.)次,回all(pron.)全部
Kelly: No. There’s a traffic light ahead so you go across the road.
凱莉:不,在前方有個紅綠燈,所以你要過馬路。
traffic(n.)交通流量traffic light紅綠燈ahead(adv.)在前方so(conj.)所以across(prep.)穿過,橫過road(n.)路,馬路
Billy: Am I almost there?
比利:快要到了嗎?
almost(adv.)幾乎
Kelly: Yes, go straight for two blocks and you’ll see the MRT station on the left.
凱莉:是的,直走兩個街區,你會看到捷運站在左邊。
straight(adv.)筆直地block(n.)街區left(n.)左邊
Billy: Let me make sure of the route, please. I make a right turn first and make another right turn at the bank. Cross the traffic light and go straight for two blocks. Then it will be on my left-hand side.
比利:請讓我確認一下路線。我先右轉並在銀行的地方再右轉一次,穿越紅綠燈並直走兩個街區,他就在我的左手邊。
make sure確定,確保route(n.)路線right(adj.)右邊的turn(n.)轉彎another(adj.)另一個的cross(v.)越過,穿越then(adv.)那麼side(n.)側邊
Kelly: That’s right. Have a good day and good luck to you. Good-bye.
凱莉:沒錯!祝你有美好的一天也祝你好運!再見。
right(adj.)正確的luck(n.)運氣,機會
Billy: Thank you so much. Good-bye.
比利:非常謝謝妳!再見。