
與招募經理談判
Marc is sharing with Kelly some tips on how to ask for a higher salary when getting hired.
馬克正在跟凱莉分享如何在被錄取時爭取調薪。
tip(n.)訣竅、建議
Kelly: I have great news, Marc. I got offered the IT job at the semiconductor company yesterday!
凱莉:馬克,我有個好消息。昨天我收到半導體公司的IT工作錄取通知了!
offer(v.)提供offer(n.)提議、主動幫忙make an offer出價on special offer特價出售semi(prefix)半、部分semiconscious(adj.)半意識的
Marc: Wow, congratulations. Are you excited?
馬克:哇,恭喜你!你期待嗎?
Kelly: Yes, I am, but I’d like to see if I can get a better salary. I’m just not sure how to go about that.
凱莉:是的,我很期待,但是我希望能談個更高的薪水,只是不太確定該怎麼開口。
go about something開始做~
Marc: Oh, I was able to do that when I started at the bank.
馬克:喔,我其實當初在銀行工作時也成功爭取調薪過。
Kelly: Really? How did you pull it off?
凱莉:真的嗎?你當時是怎麼辦到的?
pull off 成功做到某事情
Marc: It’s simple, really. First, I checked online to see what the salary range was for IT jobs in the banking industry, so I knew how much to ask for.
馬克:其實滿簡單的。首先,我上網查了銀行業IT工作的薪資範圍,這樣我就知道該爭取多少。
range(n.)(v.)範圍industry(n.)產業industrial(adj.)產業的
Kelly: Ah, that makes sense. What else did you do?
凱莉:啊,那麼做有道理。還有其他建議嗎?
make sense有道理
Marc: It’s also a good idea to wait a few days before bringing up the salary topic with the hiring manager at the new company. But when you do, make sure to show them that you are very interested in taking up the job.
馬克:還有最好等幾天,不要馬上跟新公司的招募經理提薪資的事。但等你提調薪的時候,一定向他們表現出你很有意願接受這份工作。
bring up something帶出~話題make sure to VR 確保~=ensuretake something up with someone和~開始做~
Kelly: Got it! Any other advice?
凱莉:明白了!還有其他的建議嗎?
Marc: One more thing, show the manager that you’re eager to work with the new company to find a salary that works for both parties.
馬克:還有一點,要讓招募經理知道你很願意跟新公司合作,找到對雙方都能接受的薪資金額。
eager to VR 渴望做某事work for適合、適用party(n.)當事人
Kelly: Thank you, Marc! These tips should really help me out.
凱莉:謝謝你,馬克!這些建議應該對我有很大幫助!
help somebody out幫助某人擺脫困境