
徹夜狂歡
Alex is going to have a party tonight. He is talking to his roommate, Carter.
亞歷克斯今晚要舉行一個派對。他正在和室友卡特說話。
party(n., v.)派對、開趴
Carter: What’s with all the drinks?
卡特:怎麼這麼多飲料?
drink(n.)飲料、酒類
Alex: Did I forget to tell you? I’m having a party tonight.
亞歷克斯:我沒告訴你嗎?今晚我要辦趴。
Carter: Is today someone’s birthday?
卡特:今天有人生日嗎?
Alex: No. It’s just a normal Friday, but the gang and I are going to paint the town red.
亞歷克斯:沒有,就是一個普通的星期五,但大家要一起狂歡。
normal(adj.)普通的paint the town red狂歡
Carter: You guys are going out?
卡特:你們要出去跑趴嗎?
go out出去跑趴=go clubbing、約會
Alex: Yes, but we’ll do some pre-drinking here first.
亞歷克斯:沒錯,但是我們要先在家裡喝。
pre-drinking先喝
Carter: Okay. Remember to clean up the kitchen tomorrow morning.
卡特:好。記得明天早上要清理廚房喔。
remember(v.)記得kitchen(n.)廚房tomorrow明天
Alex: You’re not partying with us?
亞歷克斯:你不跟我們一起開趴嗎?
Carter: Can’t. I need to go over to my girlfriend’s place.
卡特:不行。我要去女朋友那裡。
place(n.)地方
Alex: Oh. Then I promise I’ll make the room as clean as a whistle.
亞歷克斯:哦。那我保證我會把公寓弄得乾乾淨淨。
promise(v.)承諾