
藝術和運動
Karen and George are classmates. They are in art class.
凱倫和喬治是同班同學,他們在上美術課。
classmate(n.)同班同學art class美術課
Karen: George, are you making a cup out of clay?
凱倫:喬治,你在用陶土做成杯子嗎?
make A out of B用B做成Aclay(n.)陶土
George: Yes, I am. How does it look?
喬治:對啊,看起來如何?
look(v.)看起來
Karen: You are really good with your hands. I’m all thumbs when it comes to making an art project.
凱倫:你真有一雙巧手,講到做美術作品,我就笨手笨腳的。
good with one’s hand某人手很巧all thumbs笨手笨腳project(n.)學生做的課題、研究
George: The point is, you have to pay attention to your breath and hands at the same time when you are making pottery.
喬治:重點在於,當你在捏陶時,要同時專注於你的呼吸和雙手。
point(n.)重點pay attention to專注於breath(n.)呼吸pottery(n.)陶器,不可數名詞
Karen: That’s deep. You are such an artistic person.
凱倫:好深奧啊!你真是個有藝術天分的人。
deep(adj.)深奧的artistic(adj.)有藝術天分的
George: I am indeed into arts and crafts. I like to go to art museums as well.
喬治:我的確喜歡藝術和手工藝,我也喜歡去美術館。
be into sth.喜歡某物craft(n.)手工藝museum(n.)博物館
Karen: How often do you usually go to an art museum?
凱倫:你通常多久去一次美術館?
how often多久一次
George: About once a month.
喬治:大概一個月一次。
once(adv.)一次
Karen: I don’t know much about art. I am more interested in sports.
凱倫:我不太懂藝術,我對運動比較感興趣。
interested in sth.對⋯有興趣
George: One man’s meat is another man’s poison.
喬治:青菜蘿蔔,各有所好囉。
meat(n.)肉poison(n.)毒藥