
安排會議
Julian and Jessie are coworkers. They’re having lunch.
朱利安和潔西是同事,他們正在吃午餐。
coworker(n.)同事
Julian: Do you have the time?
朱利安:現在幾點?
Jessie: It’s ten to one now.
潔西:現在是12點50分。
Julian: We’re about to go back to work. Do you have time this afternoon?
朱利安:我們差不多要回去工作了。妳今天下午有空嗎?
be about to即將
Jessie: Hmm…… I have a meeting at two o’clock. Why?
潔西:嗯…我兩點要開會,怎麼了嗎?
meeting(n.)會議
Julian: It’s no big deal. It’s just a proposal that I need some advice on. Can I meet you at half past three?
朱利安:不是什麼大事,只是我有個提案需要妳的意見。我三點半去找妳可以嗎?
no big deal沒關係、沒什麼了不起proposal(n.)提案advice on sth.關於某事的建議half past…點半
Jessie: I’m afraid that three thirty is out of the question. The meeting will probably last for 2 hours.
潔西:三點半恐怕不行,會議大概會持續兩個鐘頭。
be afraid that恐怕…out of the question不可能last for持續長達…
Julian: In that case, does four fifteen work for you?
朱利安:那樣的話,4點15分可以嗎?
in that case那樣的話work(v.)成功、有效
Jessie: Yes, I think a quarter past four should be fine.
潔西:嗯,我想4點15沒問題。
a quarter past…點十五
Julian: Cool! I’ll see you then!
朱利安:太好了!那待會見了!