
應該養隻狗嗎?
Jerry and Liz are a couple. They are having a conversation.
傑瑞和麗茲是夫妻。他們在對話。
Jerry: Liz, I think we should get a dog.
傑瑞:麗茲,我覺得我們應該養隻狗。
should(aux.)應該should not VR不應該~
Liz: A dog? Are you sure about that? We don’t have time!
麗茲:狗?你確定嗎?我們沒有時間!
be out of time沒有時間了
Jerry: But dogs are fun. We can take it for walks.
傑瑞:但是狗很有趣。我們可以帶牠去散步。
take…for a walk帶~出去散步
Liz: We both work all day. Who’s going to take care of it?
麗茲:我們都上班一整天。誰來照顧牠?
take care of=look after照顧
Jerry: I can help in the mornings and evenings.
傑瑞:我早上和晚上可以幫忙。
help(v.)幫忙help sb. with sth.幫助某人某事give sb. help提供幫助給某人
Liz: And what about weekends? We like to go out.
麗茲:那週末呢?我們喜歡外出。
weekend(n.)週末
Jerry: We can bring the dog with us!
傑瑞:我們可以帶狗一起去!
bring…with sb.帶~和某人一起
Liz: Really? And what if we want to travel?
麗茲:真的嗎?那如果我們想去旅行呢?
what if 要是……怎麼辦travel(v.)旅行travel to (a place)去(某地旅行)travel by (transport)乘坐(交通工具)旅行
Jerry: Hmm… good point. But I still think it could work.
傑瑞:嗯⋯⋯你說的對。但我還是覺得可以試試看。
work(v.)工作、行得通
Liz: Let’s think about it, okay?
麗茲:我們考慮一下,好嗎?
think about 思考、覺得
Jerry: Alright. Maybe later.
傑瑞:好的,也許之後再說。