
以貌取人?她不是你認為的那樣!
Tina and Abby are having dinner together.
緹娜和艾比正一起吃晚餐。
have(v.)吃dinner(n.)晚餐together(adv.)一起
Tina: I heard there’s a new colleague coming next week.
緹娜:我聽說下週有一位新同事要來。
hear(v.)聽到,聽說new(adj.)新的colleague(n.)同事coming(adj.)即將到來的next(adj.)下一個week(n.)週,星期
Abby: Yes, there is!
艾比:是啊,有的。
Tina: Is he an engineer?
緹娜:他是工程師嗎?
engineer(n.)工程師
Abby: No! “She” is an engineer!
艾比:不!「她」是工程師!
Tina: Wow! It’s unbelievable!
緹娜:哇!真難以置信!
unbelievable(adj.)不可置信的
Abby: Why is it unbelievable?
艾比:為什麼難以置信?
why(adv.)為什麼
Tina: When mentioning an engineer, I always think of a man.
緹娜:當提到工程師時,我總是會想到男人。
when(conj.)當mention(v.)提到always(adv.)總是think(v.)想,認為man(n.)男人
Abby: You’ve got a sexual stereotype.
艾比:妳有性別成見哦!
get(v.)得到sexual(adj.)性別的stereotype(n.)刻板印象,成見
Tina: I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.
緹娜:很抱歉,我不是故意的。
sorry(adj.)抱歉的mean(v.)代表……的意思
Abby: It’s alright as long as you know it’s not okay!
艾比:只要你知道這樣是不好的就沒關係。
alright(adj.)沒問題的as long as只要know(v.)知道okay(adj.)好的