
Uber叫車
Cindy uses an Uber App to request a ride, but the driver seems to be lost. She decides to call the driver.
辛蒂用Uber叫車,但司機好像迷路了。她決定打電話給司機。
use(v.)使用request(v.)要求ride(n.)搭乘driver(n.)駕駛seem(v.)似乎lost(adj.)迷路的decide(v.)決定call(v.)打電話
Cindy: Hi, it’s Cindy, I requested a ride from the Uber App.
辛蒂:嗨,我是辛蒂,剛剛用Uber叫車。
request(v.)要求ride(n.)搭乘
Driver: Hi, I think I can maybe arrive in 5 minutes.
司機:嗨,我想我大概再5分鐘可以到你那邊吧。
arrive(v.)抵達
Cindy: Are you lost? It seems that you keep driving around the same block.
辛蒂:你迷路了嗎?你好像一直在同一個街區繞來繞去。
lost(adj.)迷路的、迷失的seem(v.)似乎keep(v.)持續drive(v.)開車the same一樣的block(n.)街區
Driver: I guess so. I’m sorry. This is my first time in this area.
司機:我想是的,抱歉。我第一次來這區。
guess(v.)猜想area(n.)區域
Cindy: It’s fine. Could you tell me where you are now?
辛蒂:沒關係。你可以告訴我你現在在哪裡嗎?
Driver: Funday department store is on my right-hand side.
司機:Funday百貨公司在我的右手邊。
department store百貨公司right-hand side右手邊
Cindy: Is there a bank across the street?
辛蒂:對街有家銀行對嗎?
across(adv.)從一邊到另一邊street(n.)街道
Driver: Yes, it’s the Moon Bank.
司機:是的,月亮銀行。
Cindy: Great. You drive straight until you hit Maple Street and then turn right. I’m in front of a convenience store.
辛蒂:很好,你現在直走一直到楓樹街,再右轉。我在一家便利商店前面。
drive(v.)駕駛straight(adv.)直地hit(v.)抵達turn(v.)轉right(adv.)右邊in front of在⋯⋯前面convenience store便利商店
Driver: Okay. Thank you. Sorry to keep you waiting.
司機:好的,謝謝你。很抱歉讓你等。
keep(v.)持續wait(v.)等待