
找室友合租公寓
Debra and Kumar are friends. They are having a conversation.
黛布拉和庫瑪是朋友。他們正在對話。
Debra: Hi there! Are you looking for an apartment?
黛布拉:嗨!你在找公寓嗎?
look for尋找
Kumar: Yeah, I am! I need to save some money.
庫馬:是的!我需要省點錢。
save(v.)儲蓄、存錢、存取(檔案)、節省
Debra: Awesome! I’m actually looking for a roommate to share my place.
黛布拉:太好了!事實上,我正在找室友合租我的公寓。
roommate(n.)室友mate(n.)夥伴
Kumar: Oh, really? That sounds good! Where is it, and how much is the rent?
庫馬:喔,真的嗎?聽起來不錯!在哪裡?租金多少?
rent(n.)租金for rent出租
Debra: The rent is $800 a month, and the apartment is close to the university.
黛布拉:租金是每月800美元,公寓在大學附近。
Kumar: That’s a fair price! What are the house rules?
庫馬:價格很合理!公寓裡有什麼規矩?
fair(adj.)合理的、公平的rule(n.)規矩、規則break the rules違反規定
Debra: I like to keep things clean and quiet. No loud music or parties, please.
黛布拉:我喜歡保持整潔和安靜。不能大聲播放音樂或舉辦派對喔。
keep sth. adj.維持~的狀態
Kumar: I get it! I also prefer a quiet space.
庫馬:我明白!我也喜歡安靜的空間。
prefer(v.)偏好prefer A to B:比起B,較偏好Aspace(n.)空間make space挪出空間
Debra: Great! Do you have any pets?
黛布拉:很好!你有寵物嗎?
keep a pet養寵物
Kumar: No, I don’t have any. What about you?
庫馬:不,我沒有。你呢?
Debra: I don’t have any pets either.
黛布拉:我也沒有寵物。
either(adv.)(用於否定句)也
Kumar: Perfect! Can I check out the apartment this weekend?
庫馬:太好了!我這個週末可以看看公寓嗎?
check out sth.看看~=check sth. outtake a look at sth.看看~
Debra: Sure! How about Saturday at 2 p.m.?
黛布拉:當然可以!星期六下午兩點怎麼樣?
Kumar: Sounds good! I’ll see you then!
庫馬:聽起來不錯!到時見!
Debra: Great! Looking forward to it!
黛布拉:太好了!期待見到你!
look forward to期待