
過年前滿檔
Kevin and Alice are coworkers. They are talking during their break at work.
凱文和愛麗絲是同事。他們在工作休息時間聊天。
during(prep.)在~期間
Kevin: Alice, look at my hair. It is very long.
凱文:愛麗絲,你看我的頭髮。好長。
long(adj.)長的
Alice: Yes, it is. Are you going to the hair salon?
愛麗絲:對啊。你要去髮廊嗎?
Kevin: I want to go, but I can’t.
凱文:我想去,但我不能去。
Alice: Why not? Is it too expensive?
愛麗絲:為什麼不能?太貴嗎?
Why not為什麼不
Kevin: No. My hairstylist is very busy.
凱文:不是。我的設計師很忙。
hairstylist(n.)髮型師=hairdresser
Alice: Oh! Is he full today?
愛麗絲:喔!他今天滿了嗎?
full(adj.)滿的、沒空的
Kevin: Yes. He is full today and tomorrow.
凱文:對。他今天和明天都滿了。
Alice: Wow. Why is he so busy?
愛麗絲:哇。他為什麼這麼忙?
be busy with…忙於~
Kevin: Because Lunar New Year is coming.
凱文:因為過年快到了。
lunar(adj.)月亮的、跟月亮有關的
Alice: I see. Everyone wants a new haircut.
愛麗絲:我懂了。大家都想有新髮型。
haircut(n.)剪髮後的造型
Kevin: Yes. I called three salons. They are all full.
凱文:對。我打了三間理髮店,都滿了。
give sb. a call打電話給某人give a ring打電話
Alice: That’s too bad. You should make an appointment earlier.
愛麗絲:那真糟。你應該早一點預約。
make an appointment預約
Kevin: You’re right. Now my hair is messy for the holiday.
凱文:你說得對。現在過年我得頂著亂髮過節了。
messy(adj.)亂的、凌亂的