
要一起看電影嗎?
Nina is calling her friend Pete.
妮娜正在打電話給他的朋友彼得。
call sb.打電話給某人call+名字:稱呼call out大聲喊/call on造訪
Pete: Hello?
彼得:喂?
Nina: Hey Pete, it’s Nina. How’s it going?
妮娜:嘿彼得,我是妮娜。最近怎麼樣?
How’s everything?/How are you doing?你過得怎麼樣?
Pete: Oh, hey Nina! I’m good, just chilling. You?
彼得:喔,嘿妮娜!我不錯啊,就在耍廢而已。你呢?
chill(v.)放鬆、休息chill out放鬆、冷靜
Nina: Not bad. Hey, are you free for a second?
妮娜:就那樣囉。嘿,你現在方便講話嗎?
free(adj.)有空的become/get free可以抽出時間
Pete: Yeah, I can talk. What’s up?
彼得:可以啊,什麼事?
Nina: I have an extra ticket for a movie tonight. Want to come?
妮娜:我這有多一張今晚的電影票,你要不要來?
extra(adj.)多餘的、額外的want to想要
Pete: I’d love to! What time does it start?
彼得:好啊!幾點開始?
would love to想要start(v.)開始、啟動start up創業
Nina: It’s at seven. Can you meet me at the cinema?
妮娜:7點。我們直接在電影院門口見可以嗎?
cinema(n.)電影院=theater
Pete: Seven works for me. I’ll be there by 6:45.
彼得:七點可以。我6點45分前會到。
work(v.)行得通by+時間點:在~之前、截止於~
Nina: Perfect. I’ll see you at the front door.
妮娜:太好了。那我在大門口等你。
Pete: Sounds good. See you then!
彼得:聽起來很讚耶,到時候見囉!
Nina: Cool. Talk to you later. Bye!
妮娜:好喔,之後再聊,拜拜!