
寒性易拉肚子
Adam and Daisy are walking on the street.
亞當和黛西走在街上。
on the street在街上
Daisy: Oh, boy. It’s too hot. I say we go have some shaved ice, shall we?
黛西:天哪,太熱了吧,我們去吃點剉冰吧,好不好?
I say提議shaved ice剉冰
Adam: Sure. But there are some things we should be careful about when we have icy food.
亞當:好啊,不過吃冰時有些事情要注意一下。
careful(adj.)小心的icy(adj.)冰冷的
Daisy: Really? Like what?
黛西:真的嗎?像是什麼?
Adam: I heard that cold-natured people are more sensitive to cold temperatures. When they have icy food like ice cream, they tend to have an upset stomach.
亞當:我聽說寒性體質的人對冷很敏感,他們吃冰淇淋這類的冰品會容易肚子不舒服。
hear(v.)聽說be sensitive to N(Ving)對~敏感temperature(n.)溫度tend to RV易於~have an upset stomach肚子不舒服
Daisy: I didn’t know that. Are there hot-natured people, too?
黛西:我都不知道耶,也有熱性體質嗎?
Adam: Yes, people who are hot-natured need to avoid sweets because too much sugar will make their sweat sticky.
亞當:有喔,熱性體質的人需要避免甜食,因為太多的糖會讓你的汗變得很黏膩。
avoid N(VIng)避免~sweet(n.)甜食sweat(n.)汗sticky(adj.)粘膩的
Daisy: How do I know if I’m cold-natured or hot-natured?
黛西:我要怎麼知道自己是哪種體質?
if=whether是否
Adam: Do you sometimes have the runs after eating icy food?
亞當:你吃冰的東西之後,是不是有時候會拉肚子?
have the run拉肚子
Daisy: Yes, I just had diarrhea last week after having three scoops of ice cream!
黛西:對,我上禮拜吃了三球冰淇淋之後就拉肚子了。
diarrhea(n.)腹瀉scoop(n.)一球
Adam: In that case, you’re probably cold-natured. The best time for cold-natured people to have icy food is from noon to 3 pm, after lunch.
亞當:如果是這樣的話,你大概是寒性體質。寒性體質的人最好是中午飯後到下午三點之間吃冰。
in that case=if that’s the case如果是那樣的話probably(adv.)大概
Daisy: Great, it’s almost two o’clock now. Let’s go find a shaved ice shop!
黛西:太好了,現在差不多要兩點了,我們去找間剉冰店吧!
almost(adv.)幾乎、差不多