
便秘室友的對策
Amy and Vincent are roommates.
艾咪跟文生是室友。
Vincent: Are you alright? Why are you taking medicine?
文生:你還好嗎?為什麼要吃藥?
medicine(n.)藥物
Amy: Oh, this? It’s no medicine. It’s just probiotic powder.
艾咪:喔,這個?這不是藥,只是益生菌。
medicine(n.)藥物probiotic(n.)益生菌食品powder(n.)粉末
Vincent: I see. I hear that probiotics are good for the gut.
文生:原來如此,我聽說益生菌對腸道好。
probiotic(n.)益生菌食品be good for對⋯⋯好gut(n.)腸、消化道
Amy: Same here. I’ve been suffering from constipation for a while, and I’m hoping this will help.
艾咪:我也是,我已經便秘一陣子了,希望吃益生菌有幫助。
suffer(v.)受苦、遭受constipation(n.)便秘help(v.)幫助
Vincent: I think you need to drink more water and eat more vegetables.
文生:我覺得你應該多喝水、多吃蔬菜。
vegetable(n.)蔬菜
Amy: I’ve been having salad for breakfast every day for a week now. It doesn’t seem to be helping.
艾咪:我這週早餐都吃沙拉,好像沒有用耶。
help(v.)幫助
Vincent: Well, why don’t you try massaging your stomach in a circular motion, to help with the bowel movements?
文生:那你可以試試以畫圓方式按摩肚子,幫助腸胃蠕動。
try(v.)嘗試massage(v.)按摩stomach(n.)胃、肚子circular(adj.)圓形的motion(n.)動作help with幫助bowel(n.)腸movement(n.)運動
Amy: Okay. I’ll try that tonight.
艾咪:好的,我今晚來試試。
try(v.)嘗試
Vincent: I personally don’t think that probiotic powder is the cure for constipation. If your condition gets worse, you should go see the doctor.
文生:我自己覺得益生菌沒辦法解決便秘問題,如果情況變嚴重,你還是要去看醫生。
personally(adv.)就個人而言probiotic(n.)益生菌食品powder(n.)粉末cure(n.)解方constipation(n.)便秘condition(n.)狀況worse(adj.)更糟的