
五、六年級生的回憶
Rita and Gavin are chatting.
麗塔與蓋文在聊天。
Gavin: I heard that the popular Japanese band Arashi is going to retire.
蓋文:我聽說受歡迎的日本團體「嵐」要退休了。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的retire(v.)退休
Rita: Not really. But they did say that they will stop performing as a group at the end of 2020.
麗塔:不算是,但他們的確說會在2020年底停止團體活動。
stop(v.)停止perform(v.)表演
Gavin: I just discovered them recently, actually. What a pity.
蓋文:其實我最近才知道他們,真可惜。
discover(v.)發現recently(adv.)最近
Rita: Arashi is one of Japan’s oldest and most popular boy bands.
麗塔:嵐是日本最資深也最受歡迎的團體之一。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的
Gavin: Well, I think they are still popular now. So, why did they make the decision to stop performing as a group?
蓋文:哇,我想他們現在還很紅,怎麼會做這個決定?
popular(adj.)受歡迎的decision(n.)決定stop(v.)停止perform(v.)表演
Rita: Satoshi Ono, the leader of Arashi said that he wants to get away from showbiz and experience a normal life.
麗塔:嵐的隊長大野智說他想脫離娛樂圈,過正常的生活。
leader(n.)隊長get away from逃離⋯⋯showbiz(n.)娛樂業experience(v.)體驗normal(adj.)正常的、一般的life(n.)生活
Gavin: I can understand that. They’ve had to sacrifice a lot to do what they do.
蓋文:我可以理解,他們一定犧牲了很多。
understand(v.)理解sacrifice(v.)犧牲
Rita: Yeah. I think it’s good for them to take a break.
麗塔:是啊,我想休息對他們是好的。
be good for對⋯⋯好take a break休息
Gavin: I do hope that they will reunite and perform again as a group some day!
蓋文:希望他們有天再以團體表演復出。
hope(v.)希望reunite(v.)重聚perform(v.)表演some day在未來某天