
找麻煩的義大利手勢
Karen is texting her friends. Maurice is talking to her.
凱倫在跟朋友傳簡訊給。莫里斯正在和她說話。
text(v.)傳簡訊、a text message一封簡訊
Karen: Look at this! Is this the new emoji?
凱倫:看這個!這是新的表情符號嗎?
Maurice: I just read about this. Apple released a series of new emojis to celebrate the International Emoji Day.
莫里斯:我剛剛讀到這個,蘋果發表了一系列新的表情符號來慶祝「國際表情符號日」。
a series of一系列、一連串celebrate(v.)慶祝、celebration(n.)
Karen: Is there a day for emojis? Awesome.
凱倫:居然有這個節日嗎?太棒了。
Maurice: What was the emoji that you received?
莫里斯:妳收到了什麼表情符號?
receive(v.)收到
Karen: It’s “pinched fingers.” What does it mean?
凱倫:一個捏起來的手指。這是什麼意思?
pinched finger捏起來的手指、pinch(v.)捏、掐、a pinch of一小撮finger(n.)手指、thumb(n.)拇指
Maurice: Haha! It’s the “Italian Hand.”
莫里斯:哈哈!「義大利手勢」。
Karen: I know Italians do this hand gesture all the time, but what does it mean? To pick on somebody?
凱倫:我知道義大利人很愛比這種手勢,但是什麼意思呢?找人麻煩的意思嗎?
hand gesture手勢pick on sb.欺負、挑毛病、刁難
Maurice: It means “What do you want?” It’s actually very common in Italy.
莫里斯:意思是「你到底想怎樣?」。在義大利很常見。
What do you want到底想怎樣common(adj.)常見、rare(adj.)罕見
Karen: What are the other emojis they released?
凱倫:蘋果還發表了哪些表情符號?
Maurice: I remember there are also “bubble tea,” “boomerang,” “Russian doll” and, of course, “face mask.”
莫里斯:我記得還有「珍奶」、「迴力鏢」、「俄羅斯娃娃」,當然還有「口罩」囉。
bubble tea珍奶boomerang(n.)迴力鏢doll(n.)娃娃