
上阿里山看日出
It’s New Year’s Eve. Josh and Joanna are talking about their plans.
今天是跨年夜。喬許和喬安娜在談論他們的計畫。
New Year′s Eve跨年夜、Christmas Eve聖誕夜
Joanna: Hey, do you have any plans for tonight?
喬安娜:嘿,晚上要去哪跨年?
Josh: I’m going to Ali Mountain to see the sunrise from the top.
喬許:我要上阿里山看日出。
sunrise(n.)日出、sunset(n.)日落、from the top山頂
Joanna: Wow! You’ll be an early bird at the very beginning of the year. Nice!
喬安娜:哇,今年一開始就當隻早鳥啊!讚!
early bird早鳥、The early bird gets the worm.早起的鳥兒有蟲吃at the beginning初始
Josh: Yes, I just hope I can make it till dawn without dozing off.
喬許:沒錯,我希望我能成功撐到早上不打嗑睡。
make it成功dawn(n.)破曉、dusk(n.)黃昏doze off打嗑睡
Joanna: Well, good luck! Hope the weather will be nice!
喬安娜:祝你好運!希望天氣很好!
good luck祝你好運weather天氣
Josh: Yes, I hope so. And what about you?
喬許:對,你呢?
I hope so希望如此
Joanna: Emma’s family is visiting from the States. I’m taking them to see the fireworks.
喬安娜:艾瑪的家人從美國來拜訪她。我要帶他們去看煙火。
the States美國firework煙火
Josh: The ones at Taipei 101?
喬許:101嗎?
Joanna: Yes. I’d better go meet up with them. Happy New Year!
喬安娜:對,我最好去找他們了。新年快樂!
I′d better+RV我最好meet up with sb.跟某人會合
Josh: Right back at you. Happy New Year!
喬許:你也是。新年快樂!
right back at you你也是、彼此彼此or back at you