
焦慮可能導致癌症
Owen and Peter are roommates. Owen just got back from the hospital.
歐文和彼得是室友。 歐文剛從醫院回來。
Peter: Where did you go?
彼得:你上哪去了?
Owen: I took my mom to see the doctor.
歐文:我帶媽媽去看醫生。
Peter: Is everything alright?
彼得:一切還好嗎?
Owen: No, she might get cancer. It’s all my fault.
歐文:不,她可能會得癌症,都是我的錯。
all my fault都是我的錯、fault(n.)過錯、責任、缺點
Peter: What? How come?
彼得:怎麼會!
Owen: She has been very upset for a long time. I just never paid any attention to it because I have been up to my elbows in my essay lately.
歐文:她不開心很長一段時間了。我只是從來沒注意到,因為我忙著寫論文。
up to one′s elbows忙於某事essay(n.)論文
Peter: But…Can people get cancer just because they are not in a good mood?
彼得:但是……人們會因為心情不好就得癌症嗎?
mood(n.)心情
Owen: Yeah. The doctor told me today that there are three types of personalities, and the C type is the most worrisome type.
歐文:是的。醫生今天告訴我說有三種類型的人格,而C型是最令人擔憂的類型。
type(n.)類型personality(n.)性格worrisome(adj.)令人擔憂的、最高級
Peter: Why?
彼得:為什麼?
Owen: This type of person will get anxious and angry easily. It will affect immune systems and raise the chance of getting cancer. My mom is this type.
歐文:這類人很容易焦慮和生氣。這會影響免疫系統並增加罹患癌症的機會。我媽媽就是這種類型的。
angry(adj.)憤怒的easily(adv.)容易地affect(v.)影響immune system免疫系統raise the chance提高機會
Peter: I’m so sorry to hear that. Hang in there.
彼得:我真的很抱歉。要撐住啊。
hang in there撐住、加油