
不用排隊結帳
Jack and Vivian are colleagues. They are out buying lunch.
傑克和薇薇安是同事。他們出去買午餐。
Jack: A brand new convenience store just opened near the office!
傑克:附近剛開了一家全新的便利商店!
brand new全新的
Vivian: What’s the big deal? It’s just a store.
薇薇安:有什麼大不了的?不就是一家店嘛。
not a big deal沒什麼大不了的事情
Jack: It’s a store with no staff. It’s called “X-Store.”
傑克:這是一家沒有員工的店。叫做「X-Store。」
staff(n.)工作人員
Vivian: Let me guess, customers use phones for every service in the store?
薇薇安:讓我猜猜,是不是所有服務都要用手機來進行?
service(n.)服務
Jack: Exactly. Just pick the item you want and scan it with your phone. And of course, online payment methods are all available.
傑克:沒錯。只要拿起想要的商品並用手機掃一下就好。當然,各種線上支付方式都有支援。
item(n.)品項scan(v.)掃描method(n.)方法
Vivian: We don’t need to line up for the cashier anymore. I hate waiting.
薇薇安:這樣就不用排隊結帳了。我討厭好那樣空等啊。
line up=queue up排隊cashier收銀員
Jack: Me too. That can save a lot of time.
傑克:我也是。這樣可以節省很多時間。
save(v.)節省、拯救、save up money存錢
Vivian: What are we waiting for? Let’s go check it out.
薇薇安:我們還在等什麼?去看看吧。
Jack: Hold up. I need to grab my power bank. My phone is dying.
傑克:等一下。我要拿行動電源。我的手機快沒電了。
power bank行充die(v.)沒電
Vivian: Remember to charge your phone. Otherwise, your hands will be tied in a store like that.
薇薇安:記得要給手機充電。否則,在店裡也是什麼都不能做。
charge(v.)充電、charger(n.)充電器hands be tied束手無策