
到手的LINE帳號
Jimmy and Jessie meet for lunch.
吉米和潔西在午餐時碰面。
Jimmy: You’re looking pale. Are you alright?
吉米:妳看起來臉色蒼白,妳沒事吧?
pale(adj.)(臉色或膚色)蒼白的,白的alright(adj.)平安無恙的
Jessie: I feel a bit dizzy now, and I also have a sore throat.
潔西:我現在覺得有點頭暈,而且也感覺喉嚨痛。
a bit稍微dizzy(adj.)頭暈目眩的sore(adj.)痛的,疼痛的throat(n.)喉嚨
Jimmy: You may have caught a cold. Maybe you should see a doctor.
吉米:妳可能感冒了,或許應該去看個醫生。
catch(v.)罹患,染(疾)cold(n.)感冒maybe(adv.)或許,大概should(aux.)應該
Jessie: Yesterday it rained suddenly, and I got wet. From then on I haven’t felt well.
潔西:昨天突然下雨,所以我淋濕了。從那時候我就覺得不太舒服。
suddenly(adv.)突然get(v.)變得,變成wet(adj.)濕的from then on從那時起
Jimmy: I was exiting the MRT station while it was raining, and you know what? I asked a pretty lady if we could share her umbrella together.
吉米:昨天下雨時我正走出捷運站。然後妳知道嗎?我向一位美麗的女士請問是否能一起撐傘。
exit(v.)離開MRT=Mass Rapid Transit大眾捷運系統while(conj.)在…的時候pretty(adj.)漂亮的,美麗的lady(n.)女士if(conj.)是否share(v.)共用,分享
Jessie: That’s so like you. I bet you’ve got her LINE ID?
潔西:這真的是你的作風。我敢說你已經要到她的LINE帳號了?
like(prep.)像bet(v.)打賭,敢肯定ID=identification(n.)身份證明文件
Jimmy: Sure thing. Why didn’t you go home to dry yourself off?
吉米:這是當然囉!妳為什麼沒有回家把自己弄乾嗎?
sure(adj.)肯定的,毫無疑問的dry(v.)使變乾dry off使變乾,弄乾yourself(pron.)你自己
Jessie: I did and then I got wet again thanks to a car driving by and splashing me.
潔西:我有阿!但是因為一台車經過把我濺濕,讓我又濕掉了。
then(adv.)接著,後來thanks to幸虧,由於,託…的福by(prep.)經過splash(v.)灑,濺
Jimmy: Oh my god! Yesterday was not your day.
吉米:我的天啊!昨天妳運氣真背!