
每晚要價35,000美元
Bill and Susan are brother and sister. Susan is watching TV while Bill is surfing the Internet on his cell phone.
比爾和蘇珊是兄妹,蘇珊在看電視,而比爾正在用手機上網。
surf the Internet上網
Bill: Hey, come check this out! I just saw a news report saying that NASA will offer a special tour of their space station next year. Travelers can fly there in a spaceship!
比爾:嘿!過來看看這個!我剛看到新聞說美國太空總署明年要開放一個特別的太空之旅,旅客可以搭乘太空船到他們的太空站去玩!
check out看看offer(v.)=provide提供traveler(n.)旅客spaceship(n.)太空船=spacecraft
Susan: Really? That’s so cool! I bet you want to sign up for that, right?
蘇珊:真的嗎?那太酷了!我猜你一定想報名參加吧?
sign up for報名=register for
Bill: I wish I could, but I can’t. It’s too expensive!
比爾:我真希望我可以,但沒辦法。這行程太貴了!
I wish I Ved與現在事實相反
Susan: How much is it?
蘇珊:多少錢啊?
Bill: It costs $35,000 per night, and that doesn’t even include the cost of the flight in the spacecraft. The round trip ticket costs up to $50 million!
比爾:每晚要價35,000美元,而且這還沒包含搭乘太空船的門票。來回票就要價高達5,000萬美元!
include(v.)包含=containflight(n.)航程round trip(adj.)來回的one way(adj.)單程的
Susan: That’s ridiculous! If that’s the case, we’ll never be able to take a trip to outer space.
蘇珊:太離譜了吧!如果是這樣的話,我們永遠都不可能上得了太空。
ridiculous(adj.)離譜的、荒謬的if that’s the case=in that case如果是那樣的話be able to RV能夠~
Bill: It says that each “private astronaut” gets to stay at the International Space Station for 30 days. That’s going to cost a fortune!
比爾:這裏說每個參與這趟私人行程的「太空人」都可以在國際太空站待上30天,那得花上一大筆錢耶!
private(adj.)私人的astronaut(n.)太空人get to能夠cost a fortune=cost a lot of money花上很多錢
Susan: I guess watching those space movies is good enough for me!
蘇珊:我想看看那些太空主題的電影對我來說就夠好了!
enough(adv.)足夠地