
千萬不要摺疊
Jessi and Tyler are chatting.
潔西和泰勒正在聊天。
Jessi: Have you heard about this electric blanket? I heard from a friend that it works wonders.
潔西:你聽說過電熱毯嗎?我從一位朋友那裡聽說,它的效果非常好。
electricity(n.)電力、電費electrify(v.)通電work wonders很奏效
Tyler: No, I have never heard of it. How does it work? Maybe I should get one to get through this freezing winter.
泰勒:沒有,從來沒聽說過。要怎麼使用它呢?也許我可以買一條準備在這個寒冷的冬天使用。
get through...度過、通過、完成...freezing(adj.)極冷的、結冰的freezer(n.)冰箱
Jessi: Well, it’s quite simple. Insert the plug into a socket and turn up the heat just a bit. The blanket will heat up in under five minutes.
潔西:嗯,這很簡單。把插頭插入插座,然後把温度調高一點,電毯在五分鐘內就會升溫。
insert(v.)插入plug(n.)插頭plug in插入pluck out拔除socket(n.)插座turn up調高、出現turn down調低、拒絕
Tyler: Wow, that sounds very convenient. Is there anything that I should be aware of before laying it on my bed?
泰勒:哇,這聽起來很方便。把它鋪在床上之前,我還有什麼需要注意的嗎?
convenient(adj.)方便的、省事的convenience(n.)便利、方便inconvenient(adj.)不方便的be aware of sth.注意、當心某事
Jessi: Yes, remember to put a thin quilt on the blanket so that you don’t get burnt if it overheats.
潔西:是的,記得在電毯上面放一條薄被子,這樣你就不會因為過熱而被燙傷。
quilt(n.)被子blanket(n.)毯子overheat(v.)熱過頭
Tyler: Got it! I will go get one right now and make my bed cozy.
泰勒:知道了! 我現在就應該買一條,讓我的床舒服一點。
cozy(adj.)舒服的=comfy=comfortable
Jessi: Please get one for me as well.
潔西:請幫我也買一條。
Tyler: No problem.
泰勒:沒問題。
Jessi: Oh, wait... I forgot to tell you. Do not fold the blanket.
潔西:哦,等等…… 我忘了告訴你。不要摺疊毯子。
fold(v.)摺疊folder(n.)資料夾、文件夾
Tyler: OK, anything else?
泰勒:好的,還有什麼嗎?
Jessi: Try not to spill any water on the blanket. It’s not waterproof.
潔西:試著不要把水灑在電毯上,它不是防水的。
waterproof(adj.)防水的
Tyler: Of course, I know that! It’s electric.
泰勒:這我當然知道! 它是電器。