
說兩個字就能報警
Aidy just got home from a dinner with her friends. Her roommate, Ron, is watching TV.
愛蒂剛跟姊妹吃完晚餐回家。室友榮恩正在看電視。
Ron: How was your dinner with the girls?
榮恩:你和姊妹淘吃晚餐吃得如何啊?
Aidy: It was okay. Jemma had a terrible experience the other day. We were talking about it.
愛蒂:還可以啦。我們在討論珍瑪之前發生的一件可怕的事。
experience(n.)經驗
Ron: What happened?
榮恩:怎麼了?
Aidy: She was followed by someone on her way home last Thursday. She was so scared.
愛蒂:她上星期四回家路上被別人跟蹤。她超級害怕。
follow(v.)跟蹤、被動scared(adj.)害怕的
Ron: Followed by whom? A stranger?
榮恩:被誰?陌生人嗎?
whom=who受格stranger(n.)陌生人
Aidy: She wasn’t sure. She couldn’t see the person’s face. Luckily, she was able to go into a convenience store nearby and finally got away.
愛蒂:不清楚,她沒看清楚那個人的長相。她最後走進一家便利商店甩掉那個人了。
luckily(adv.)幸運地是be able to RV能夠做某事get away逃脫
Ron: She should download this app called “E-BODYGUARD.” In fact, you all should.
榮恩:她應該要下載這個應用程式「E-BODYGUARD」。其實妳們全都應該要下載。
in fact事實上
Aidy: What does the app do?
愛蒂:這個應用程式的功能是什麼?
Ron: It will call the police for you if you are in a dangerous situation. All you need to do is say two words. Also, it will locate where you are at the moment of your call and start recording the conversation you may be having with a possible attacker.
榮恩:只要對手機說兩個字,它就會自動打給警察,它還能自動定位使用者當下的位置,也能開啟錄音功能來記錄對話。
dangerous(adj.)危險的situation(n.)情況locate(v.)定位at the moment那個時刻、當下record(v.)錄音conversation(n.)對話possible(adj.)可能的attacker(n.)攻擊者
Aidy: Oh! That’s really useful. I’ll tell the girls about it.
愛蒂:噢!很實用!我會跟我的朋友們說。
useful(adj.)有用的