
每日高達12小時
Eddie and Emma are colleagues. They are working overtime.
艾迪和艾瑪是同事。他們正在加班。
overtime(adv.)超時
Eddie: Alright. Let’s grab a bite to eat.
艾迪:好。我們去吃點東西吧。
grab a bite to eat去吃點東西
Emma: What time is it?
艾瑪:幾點了?
Eddie: It’s half past nine. We still have a lot of work to do.
艾迪:現在九點半。我們還有很多事情要做。
Emma: I hate working overtime.
艾瑪:我討厭加班。
Eddie: I read a post written by an American engineer the other day. It was about his experience of working for TSMC in the US.
艾迪:前幾天我看到一篇美國工程師寫的貼文,關於在美國台積電工作的經驗。
post(n.)貼文that was writtenexperience(n.)經驗
Emma: How was it?
艾瑪:感覺如何?
Eddie: He said he found the working culture there is very different from other US companies. TSMC’s working hours can run up to as long as 12 hours a day.
艾迪:發文的人說台美工作文化非常不同,每天的工作時間甚至可以達到12小時。
culture(n.)文化be different from跟…不一樣company(n.)公司run up to高達
Emma: That’s run-of-the-mill here in Taiwan.
艾瑪:這在台灣跟喝水一樣。
run-of-the-mill稀鬆平常、mill(n.)磨坊、工廠
Eddie: I know, but I don’t think it’s healthy for the workers.
艾迪:我知道,但我覺得這樣對勞工來說很不健康。
healthy(adj.)健康的
Emma: Of course, but what can we do?
艾瑪:當然囉。但我們能怎麼辦呢?