
守望相助好鄰居
Benjamin just moved into a new building. He is talking to his neighbor, Mrs. Thompson.
班傑明剛搬到新的大樓。
move in(to)搬進、搬家building(n.)大樓、建築物Mrs.太太、Miss.小姐、Ms.女士
Benjamin: Good morning.
班傑明:早安,湯普森太太。
Mrs. Thompson: Hi, good morning. Did you just move in last week?
湯普森太太:你也早。你是不是上周剛搬進來的那位?
Benjamin: Yes, I’m on the seventh floor.
班傑明:沒錯,七樓那間。
注意樓層使用序數、第七個seventh、特殊第一first、第二second、第三third
Mrs. Thompson: What’s your name again? Sorry, I’m not good with names.
湯普森太太:你叫做什麼來著?不好意思,我不太會記名字。
not good with names常常記不得別人名字
Benjamin: Benjamin Svenson. I usually go by Ben.
班傑明:班傑明·斯凡松,大家都叫我班。
usually(adv.)通常go by the name通常叫做
Mrs. Thompson: Well, nice to meet you, Ben. Let me know if you need any help.
湯普森太太:很高興認識你,班。有需要幫忙就儘管開口。
let(v.)讓、使+RVneed(v.)需要help(n.)幫助
Benjamin: Thank you, Mrs. Thompson. Actually, I’m going to the city council and I need to get there in half an hour. What’s the fastest way to get there?
班傑明:謝謝你,湯普森太太。其實我正要去市議會一趟,而且要在半小時內到。你知道去市議會最快的方法嗎?
actually(adv.)事實上council(n.)議會in+時間、什麼時間之內、half an hour半小時fast(adj.)快的
Mrs. Thompson: City council? Just take the MRT. I always take the MRT to go there, but there’s also a bus. Green 1, I think. It runs quite often.
湯普森太太:市議會?搭捷運吧,我總是搭捷運去那,但也有一班公車。我記得是綠1吧,班次蠻頻繁的。
take MRT(Mass Rapid Transit)搭捷運run(v.)行駛quite頗often(adv.)時常
Benjamin: Thanks for your help.
班傑明:謝謝你。
Mrs. Thompson: No problem.
湯普森太太:不會。
no problem沒問題