
你也在等發薪嗎?
Matthew and Sandy are co-workers.
馬修跟珊蒂是同事。
Sandy: I can’t wait to get paid. When is our payday this month?
珊蒂:我等不及要領薪水了,我們這個月哪天發薪啊?
pay-paid-paid付錢(給某人)payday(不可數n.)發薪日
Matthew: Let me see. November 5th is Sunday, so we will get paid next Monday.
馬修:讓我看下,11月5日是禮拜天,所以我們下週一會領到薪水。
Sandy: Oh man. How come our company doesn’t pay us earlier? My rent is due on the fifth.
珊蒂:哦天哪,為什麼我們公司不早點發薪給我們呢?我的房租5號要繳啊。
how come怎麼會;為什麼early-earlier-earliestrent(n.)租金;(布等的)破洞;(v.)租借;出租due(adj.)預計的;應支付的
Matthew: Are you one of those who live from paycheck to paycheck?
馬修:妳是月光族啊?
Sandy: Hey, almost 40 percent of office workers have the same situation as me. It’s very difficult to save money with such a low salary.
珊蒂:嘿,將近四成的上班族跟我有相同的情況啊,薪水這麼少要存錢非常困難耶!
percent(adv.)百分之~situation(n.)處境;情況
Matthew: Yeah, I saw the news. Around 92 percent of office workers are not satisfied with their current salary. Even 9 percent of office workers need to borrow money to get by.
馬修:是啊,我有看到新聞。大約92%的上班族不滿意目前的薪資,甚至有9%的上班族需要借錢度日。
see-saw-seen看satisfied(adj.)滿意的;滿足的current(adj.)目前的;(n.)水流;氣流;思潮borrow(v.)借入get by勉強過活;勉強應付過去
Sandy: It sounds like you are one of those 60 percent of office workers who can save some money every month.
珊蒂:聽起來你屬於那六成能夠每月儲蓄的上班族。
Matthew: Well, I am. But honestly, it’s really not easy. Hey, I can lend you some money if you really need it.
馬修:嗯,我是啦,不過老實說,真的不容易。嘿,若妳真的有需要,我可以先借妳些錢。
honestly(adv.)誠實地lend(v.)借出
Sandy: That’s so nice of you. I’ll pay you back next Monday!
珊蒂:你人真好!我下週一就會還你!
Matthew: No problem!
馬修:沒問題的!