
烤箱行得通嗎?
Ed and David are roommates. Ed is in the kitchen.
艾德和大衛是室友。艾德在廚房裡。
Ed: David, do you have any used face masks?
艾德:大衛,你有戴過的口罩嗎?
used(adj.)用過的、二手的
David: I do have some. I didn’t throw them away.
大衛:我有一些。我沒有扔掉它們。
throw away丟棄
Ed: Give them to me. I want to try something.
艾德:給我。我想試一下。
David: Are you steaming the masks to use them again?
大衛:你現在在蒸口罩,好可以重複再戴一次嗎?
Ed: Yes, just put them in the steamer to heat up for 3 minutes, and wait for 5 minutes. Then all the virus and bacteria on the masks will be killed.
艾德:對,只要把它們放到電鍋中加熱3分鐘,再等待5分鐘, 口罩上面的毒和細菌就會被殺光啦。
steamer(n.)蒸鍋、電鍋heat up加熱virus(n.)病毒bacteria(n.)細菌be killed被殺死
David: Can’t I just spray cleansing alcohol on them?
大衛:我不能就在口罩上噴酒精就好了嗎?
spray(v.)噴灑cleansing alcohol消毒酒精
Ed: No, don’t do that. Spraying alcohol on them will cause the masks to have holes.
艾德:不行,在口罩上面噴酒精會讓口罩有破洞。
cause(v.)造成hole(n.)洞
David: Can we still use the steamer for cooking after steaming the masks in it?
大衛:那我們蒸完口罩後還能用這個電鍋煮飯嗎?
Ed: Yes, but be sure to clean the inside first.
艾德:可以,但是一定要先清潔內部。
be sure to RV務必、一定要inside(n.)內部、outside外部
David: What about putting them into an oven?
大衛:把它們放進烤箱行得通嗎?
oven(n.)烤箱
Ed: No! It’s too hot! The masks will melt. And of course, an air fryer is a no-go as well.
艾德:不行!太熱了!那樣口罩會融化。當然氣炸鍋也不行。
melt(v.)融化air fryer氣炸鍋be a no-go不行、行不通的事物