
撐傘根本沒用
Jason and Nelly are at the station. There’s an afternoon thunderstorm.
傑森和奈莉在車站。 下午有雷雨。
station(n.)車站
Jason: I think I need to take my shoes off.
傑森:我想我需要把鞋子脫掉。
take off脫掉衣物shoe(n.)鞋子
Nelly: Me too. There’s even flooding inside the station.
奈莉:我也是。車站內居然還淹水。
flooding(n.)洪水、淹水
Jason: When will the rain be over?
傑森:雨什麼時候會停啊?
over(adj.)完結的
Nelly: It’s a thunderstorm. It won’t last long.
奈莉:這是午後雷陣雨,應該不會持續太久。
last(v.)持續long(adj.)長久的
Jason: It just gets heavier and heavier.
傑森:越下越大了。
heavy(adj.)重、大
Nelly: There’s no point using an umbrella in such heavy rain.
奈莉:這麼大雨中撐雨傘根本沒用。
There is no point in doing sth.做某事毫無意義
Jason: You’re right. Let’s go upstairs to find somewhere to sit first.
傑森:對。我們先上樓去找個地方坐下吧。
go upstairs上樓
Nelly: I could really use a hairdryer now.
奈莉:我現在好需要吹風機。
could use需要hairdryer吹風機
Jason: Wait until we get home. Let’s take a taxi later. I don’t want to take a bus with bare feet.
傑森:等回家吧,我們等等搭計程車,我不想赤腳坐公車。
taxi(n.)計程車bare feet赤腳
Nelly: Good idea.
奈莉:好主意。