
煎餅與乾燥香草
Mom is working from home. Henry just came home from school.
媽媽正在家工作,亨利剛放學回到家。
work(v.)工作,work at home v.s. work from home
Henry: Mom, I’m home.
亨利:媽媽,我回來了。
I’m home.我回到家了
Mom: OK, I’m in the study. How’re you doing?
媽媽:好喔,我在書房,你今天好嗎?
study(n.)書房How are you doing?=How are you?你好嗎?
Henry: Good. Mom, I’m hungry. Is there anything to eat?
亨利:很好。媽,我餓了,有什麼可以吃的嗎?
hungry(adj.)飢餓的
Mom: Look in the fridge. I’m sure you’ll find something there.
媽媽:看看冰箱裡,我想你會在那邊找到東西吃的。
fridge(n.)冰箱=refrigeratorsure(adj.)確信的
Henry: There are only four eggs and a carton of milk.
亨利:只有四個雞蛋和一盒牛奶。
only(adv.)僅僅、只有carton(n.)紙盒
Mom: Check the pantry. Maybe there are some cookies.
媽媽:看看儲藏櫃,可能會有一些餅乾。
check(v.)查看、檢查pantry(n.)儲物櫃
Henry: No, there aren’t. There are two canned tomatoes, one bag of flour, and some dry herbs. That’s all.
亨利:不,沒有。有兩個番茄罐頭、一包麵粉和一些乾燥香草,就這樣。
canned(adj.)裝成罐頭的dry(adj.)乾燥的herb(n.)香草
Mom: All right. I’m coming.
媽媽:好啦,我來了。
come(v.)來到
Mom comes out from the study and goes to the kitchen.
媽媽從書房出來,走進廚房。
Mom: Sorry, Henry. I’m too tied up with work to go grocery shopping. Let’s see what we can do. Oh, we can make some pancakes! How do you like that?
媽媽:抱歉,亨利,我工作太忙了,而沒去買東西,我們來看看能做什麼,喔,我們可以做煎餅,你覺得如何?
tie up with sth.忙碌做某事too…to…太⋯以致於不能⋯go grocery shopping採買日常用品make(v.)做、製作pancake(n.)煎餅
Henry: Sure! I love pancakes.
亨利:當然好啊!我喜歡煎餅。
sure(adj.)當然