
希望你愛上數學
Mid-term exams were last week. Fiona and Leo are talking about their grades.
期中考在上周結束了,菲歐娜和里歐在討論考試成績。
grade(n.)成績、總成績、年級、score(n.)分數、point(n.)分、mark(n.)分數、成績(英)
Fiona: Oh! My math! I got a passing grade!
菲歐娜:噢!我的數學!我及格了!
passing grade及格、pass(v.)通過
Leo: Nice! Did you do the exercises I told you to do?
里歐:太棒了!你有做那些我叫你去做的練習題嗎?
exercise(n., v.)習題、運動
Fiona: Yes, and they were on the exam! How’s your geography grade?
菲歐娜:有,而且考試有出!你的地理如何?
geography(n.)地理、geology地質學
Leo: I didn’t do well.
里歐:不太好。
well(adv.)好、佳
Fiona: What’s your score?
菲歐娜:你考幾分?
Leo: Only 70.
里歐:只有70。
Fiona: That’s good enough.
菲歐娜:這樣夠好了。
Leo: But I crammed for that exam all weekend. Thanks for your help, by the way.
里歐:可是我整個周末都在努力複習,說到這個,謝謝你的幫忙。
cram(v.)硬塞、死記猛背、cram school補習班thanks for sth.謝謝…by the way附帶一提
Fiona: No worries. It was the least I could do. Thanks for teaching me math as well.
菲歐娜:不會,至少我還能幫上忙。我也很謝謝你教我數學。
It is the least I can do.我至少還能做到這個、盡一點微薄之力而已
Leo: No problem. I hope you will love math now.
里歐:不會,希望你現在有愛上數學了。
Fiona: Well, don’t get your hopes up!
菲歐娜:你想太美了。
Don′t get your hopes up!想太美啦、想太多、別抱太大的希望