
酒醉拒付車資
Ben and Sally are friends. They are both taxi drivers. They are having a conversation at the taxi stand.
班和莎莉是朋友,兩人都是計程車司機,他們在計程車站聊天。
Ben: Hey Sally, did you hear about Long Tian-xiang? He got into a big mess last night.
班:嘿,莎莉,你聽說過龍天翔的事嗎?他昨晚出了大亂子。
get into a mess陷入麻煩mess(n.)混亂的局面或狀況messy(adj.)=untidy
凌亂的、雜亂的messy kitchen凌亂的廚房messy hair凌亂的頭髮
Sally: Oh really? What happened?
莎莉:喔,真的嗎?發生什麼事了?
Ben: He took a cab home drunk and then refused to pay the fare. Can you believe that? He ended up pushing the cops too!
班:他醉醺醺地搭計程車回家,然後拒絕付車資。你能相信嗎?他最後還推了警察!
drunk(adj.)酒醉的refuse to拒絕做~fare(n.)車資、船費end up以~方式結束、最終
Sally: Whoa, that’s crazy! Why would he do that?
莎莉:哇,太瘋狂了!他為什麼要那樣做?
Ben: No idea. Maybe he was just really wasted. But man, getting into a fight with the cops over a cab fare? Not smart.
班:不知道,也許他當時真的很醉。但是因為計程車費用跟警察起爭執?真的很不明智。
wasted(adj.)爛醉如泥的、被浪費掉的(時間或金錢等)call a taxi叫計程車
Sally: Definitely not. I hope he learns his lesson. It’s just not worth it.
莎莉:真的很不明智。希望他能吸取教訓。那樣根本不值得。
worth(adj.)值得的、有價值的
Ben: Yeah, exactly. Being famous doesn’t excuse bad behavior.
班:是啊,就算是名人,也不能這樣行為不端。
excuse(v.)原諒、寬恕excuse(n.)藉口
Sally: It’s all over the news now, right?
莎莉:這件事現在都上新聞了吧?
be all over到處都是、充分了解
Ben: Yeah, everywhere. Dealing with drunk customers can be difficult. I’ve had a few wild ones myself.
班:是啊,到處都在報。處理酒醉客人真的很難,我自己也碰過幾個很瘋狂的。
deal with處理、應對wild(adj.)瘋狂的、狂暴的wild party狂野的派對
Sally: I hear you. It’s hard to keep things calm when customers are not in control.
莎莉:我明白你的意思。當客人無法控制自己時,很難不出事。
calm(adj.)平靜的、冷靜的be in control處於控制或掌控的狀態
Ben: People need to chill out and not cause trouble, especially when they’ve been drinking.
班:人們需要冷靜下來,尤其是喝酒後更應該避免惹事。
chill out放鬆、冷靜下來
Sally: Absolutely. I just hope my next customer isn’t drunk.
莎莉:沒錯。我只希望我的下一位客人沒有喝醉。