
房東出馬
Holly is texting the owner of her place.
荷莉正在傳訊息給她房東。
be V-ing現在進行式(正在…)text(v.)傳訊息owner(n.)主人place(n.)家
Holly: Hi, Mr. Chen. I have something to tell you.
荷莉:嗨,陳先生,我有些事想跟你說。
Chen: Okay. Is anything the matter?
陳:好啊,有什麼問題嗎?
the matter麻煩、問題、毛病
Holly: There’s something that’s been bothering me.
荷莉:只是有些事情一直困擾著我。
have(has) been V-ing現在完成進行式(持續、一直…)bother(v.)困擾、煩擾
Chen: What is it? Did anything break down?
陳:什麼事呢?有東西壞掉了嗎?
break down故障
Holly: Nope. It’s my neighbor – she speaks too loud at night.
荷莉:不是。是我鄰居,她晚上說話太大聲了。
loud(adv.)大聲地
Chen: I see. Alright, I’ll ask her to lower her voice.
陳:我了解了。好的,我會請她降低音量。
I see=I understand我了解ask sb. to do sth. 要求某人做某事lower(v.)降低voice(n.)聲音
Holly: Thanks! And one more thing – she freaks me out every time she slams the door.
荷莉:謝謝!還有一件事:每次她甩門都會嚇到我。
freak (sb.) out嚇壞、極度激動=scare offslam(v.)重重撞上、砰地關上
Chen: That’s not good. I’ll talk to her about this, too.
陳:嗯那樣不太好,我也會跟她聊這件事。
Holly: Thank you so much for your help, Mr. Chen.
荷莉:非常感謝你的幫助。
help(n.)幫忙、幫助