
音樂啟動團結
Miranda is watching the Golden Melody Awards. John is talking to her.
米蘭達正在看金曲獎。約翰正在和她說話。
award(n., v.)獎賞、獎勵
John: Is this the final award?
約翰:這是最後的獎項嗎?
Miranda: Yes, and see who is going to give out the award!
米蘭達:沒錯,看看誰在頒發獎項!
give out頒發=present、presenter頒獎人
John: Oh! Our Olympic medalists! What a surprise!
約翰:哦!我們的奧運得牌好手!真是意外!
Miranda: Judoka Yang Yung-Wei and weightlifting goddess Kuo Hsing-Chun!
米蘭達:柔道男神楊勇緯和舉重女神郭婞淳!
judoka柔道選手goddess女神
John: What do you think of the performance this year?
約翰:你覺得今年的表演如何?
Miranda: I love it! I love how every language gets to be sung on stage.
米蘭達:我很喜歡!我喜歡每種語言都能在舞台上表演。
be sung被歌唱、sing-sang-sung(v.)唱歌stage(n.)舞台
John: I heard that many winners in the Hakka categories all gave their speeches in Hakka.
約翰:聽說很多客家項目的獲獎者都是用客家話發表演講感言。
winner贏家category(n.)項目give a speech演講、acceptance speech得獎感言
Miranda: Yes, but I think Abao’s opening performance was the one stealing the show. She sang in her native language and was joined by other tribes.
米蘭達:沒錯,但我還是覺得阿爆的開場表演搶盡風采。她用母語唱歌,再帶出其他原住民族的歌聲來一起表演。
opening performance開場表演、opening ceremony開幕典禮steal the show搶盡風采、精采奪目native language=mother tongue母語tribe(n.)部落、族群
John: Just beautiful. Music does have a power to bring people together.
約翰:真是美麗。音樂的確有把人們聚集、團結在一起的力量。
power(n.)力量bring sb. together團結、聚集
Miranda: You can say that again.
米蘭達:完全沒錯。